Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to help our Operations and Logistics Team solve real-world problems in cutting edge ways.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will wear many different hats and work on multiple components of the entire system. You will also help in defining the creative vision, product requirements, and user experience for our new technologies within Operations. Working with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, and researchers, you will define and drive the product from concept all the way through to production.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of using technology to improve people’s lives, and your experience leading complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments.
If you’re entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
As a part of this role, you will:
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing software development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as; Java, Ruby, C#, C/C++, Python
- 3+ years of experience managing and operating software solutions that are highly reliable and scalable
- 3+ years of experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with system level development for hardware
- Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
- Experience managing service-oriented software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.