The Finance Analyst will work with business partners from supply chain, transportation and fulfillment centers to optimize the total fulfillment cost of every unit delivered by Amazon in EU. He/She will work closely with multiple teams that impact the Amazon Network to drive insight trough analysis and data leading to implementation of actions to improve processes, customer experience and lower cost for the benefit of our customers. The Finance Analyst will be responsible for creating self-serve tools that help evaluate the cost impact of small changes that impact. In the medium to long term, the FA will create and own a mechanism to link Cost, Speed and Performance for the Network in the form of an interactive tool.
The role is broad in scope and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
- Use data and apply analytical methods to evaluate and direct the appropriate use of the company's resources
- Ensure that financial controls and processes are in place and respected trough continuous audit, reporting and systems implementation
- Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings. Present, defend and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
- Establish and maintain operating and business metrics, develop insightful dashboards and improve accuracy and pace of the decision based on metrics
- Enhance and scale existing tools, develop agile processes, design and implement new solutions
- Integrate data improvements and increased visibility into financial reporting and planning processes
- Develop reporting and analysis to drive improvement of controllership and predictability of behavior leading to implementation of actions
- Improve forecast accuracy
- 7+ years’ experience within a highly analytical role within a fast-paced metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models
- Ability to gather and assimilate information from multiple non-homogeneous sources
- Perform complex analysis and simplify its communication
- Solution driven approach to systems and processes
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, Power Pivot, VBA)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, MSAccess, Power BI, Python, R)
- Desire to learn basics on topics like Big Data and Machine Learning
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.