Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs around 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian's diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products; the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries; and the distribution of specialty building products. Guardian's vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Visit guardian.com for more information.
Guardian is seeking an experienced Corporate EHS Manager located at one of our European locations (Russia, Luxembourg, Spain, etc.). This position will regularly assess, coach and provide Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) guidance to Guardian locations including EHS managers, coordinators, and location-based leadership. This position offers the opportunity to join a team of individuals dedicated to excellence and safety across the globe.
- Primary point of EHS contact for some Guardian locations to leverage knowledge through Guardian cross-site meetings and Corporate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication with location-ba
- sed management and leadership.
- Conduct routine field visits to locations to schedule/conduct 1 -1s with EHS managers, EHS coordinators and site leadership to review the program priorities, plans and initiatives, progress to plan.
- Understand highest consequence risks, risk mitigation plans, progress, and processes to uncover new risks.
- Develop personal knowledge of the site by understanding permit requirements, conditions, and other authorizations; reviewing compliance demonstrations, documents and reports, and other submittals as needed; and knowing the compliance history of the location.
- Bring relevant emerging issues to the site team and seek opportunities to share knowledge about proven practices.
- Own execution and continuous improvement of the elements of the oversight system, including on-site oversight meetings.
- Provide direct EHS support when gaps are identified and help leverage capabilities resources to assist.
- Participate in oversight meetings, key EHS incident investigations, processes risk assessments, site evaluations, audits, and other compliance assurance activities and understand the results of these activities.
- Use good judgement to escalate potential issues to EHS leadership and provide potential resolution plans to address concerns as needed
- Bachelor's degree is required. MBA or Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of Environmental Health and Safety experience
- Process Safety management practical experience desirable
- Experience engaging with cross-functional teams in a global capacity
- Ability to provide senior level presentations and make business recommendations
Please note that this position includes 50% domestic (EU) and international travels (mainly Russia) and does not involve team management.
What we offer:
Guardian companies are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. If you are interested in finding out more about our culture, please visit us on our website: